Grilled Mackerel and Mediterranean Veggies
Posted by: Evelyn Ayoola -
- 2 Whole Mackerels
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 fresh lemons
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1Tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced basil
- 1 teaspoons Chicken Bouillon Powder
- 1 bell peppers, chopped into 1-inch squares
- 1⁄2cup red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4teaspoon chives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2to taste salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to 200C
Make sure fish is thoroughly cleaned and gutted
Cut three slits on the side of the fish. Season fish with salt, pepper, and squeeze some lemon over it.
Combine all the spices
Marinade fish for 30 minutes
Place Fish in the grill for 25 minutes
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Chop vegetables into thick wedges and add to a non stick tray
- Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, oregano, chives, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Drizzle sauce over the mixed vegetables and toss to coat.
- Roast vegetables until tender, about 45 minutes. Stir halfway through the cooking time.